DISCOVER SKN-RG STRESSLESS® TECHNOLOGY
the power of calm®
The Science of StressLess®
Our co-founder Deborah Scott firmly believes in daily meditation; “As a Buddhist Practitioner and SKN-RG’s Expert Head Therapist, I understand first hand the interconnectivity between our wellbeing – what we put on our bodies, and what we put in has a profound impact.
For many years we have incorporated our signature StressLess® Technology into our products and treatments. I have witnessed first-hand a profound difference in our client’s skin.
It is a sign of our times that we are subjected to increasing stress and so when we created SKN-RG we made the bold step to incorporate our StressLess® throughout our products.
Over a decade later you can find our products and treatments across the world tackling concerns while reducing stress including the signs of ageing, delivering equilibrium, excessive dryness or tackling acne. Our StressLess® Technology allows for these conditions to be minimised by allowing the skin cells to enter a state of “deep repair”.
To discover more about our products or treatments, why not visit our stockists or facial page to find out more. Interested in trying a calming meditation exercise? Try our guided calming meditation below.
Experience the roots of Buddhist Meditation created for you to enjoy*.
Soon you will be able to listen through your computer, tablet or mobile*. Don’t have access to sound? Don’t worry; follow the steps below. But remember only meditate when it is safe to do so!
MEDITATION THE FIRST STEPS:
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Let us look at the steps to gain familiarity.
1. Comfortable deep breathing
2. “Thinking” about the body
3. “Letting go” and relaxing the body in stages working downwards.
4. Breathing in for 4 seconds and breathing out for 4 seconds
5. Rise and fall of the lungs and stomach.
6. The State of Inner Calm
7. The “Return” to our surroundings
8. Open your eyes
9. The gentle Stretch
- When you are comfortable and in a safe* place soften your gaze and relax your eyes. Take a few soft, deep breaths and slowly close your eyes.
- Begin by slowly breathing in for 4 seconds and breathing out for 4 seconds, do this couple times.
- Then “think about” the top of your head and let it relax, we will call this “letting go”. TIP You can think about the area or very gently tense the area and then let it go slowly.
- Then “think about” your: “Face” (Zone 1) – top of the head, forehead, back of the head, and let go. (Zone 2) eyebrows, eyes, nose, cheeks, (Zone 3) lips and jaw and “let them go.” And continue working down the body.
- TIP As you work downwards, gently scan each area to recognise any heaviness or lightness.
- Each “zone” should be to a slow count of 10 seconds. You can slowly count as you move down each body part.
- Continue to slowly work down your body, thinking about your neck, shoulders, back, chest and arms all the way down to your fingertips and then “let them go.”
- Then think about your stomach, hips, seated area and thighs and let them go. Finally think about your knees lower legs, ankles, top of the feet souls of the feet all the way to your toes. And “let them go.”
5. Now in this deeply relaxed state and without changing your breath begin to watch the breath flow.
6. Notice the rise and fall of your lungs and or stomach, continue to watch this sensation for a minute or so.
7. Now you have reached the state of inner calm, do not worry if thoughts run around your head, this is expected, just let them float past and enjoy the moment. Remain here for a few minutes and enjoy the relaxation gently watching the breath, if thoughts travel in just gently go back to watching the breath. After a few minutes begin your return.
8. Begin your return by feeling the chair or the couch or where ever you are sitting comfortably, notice the sounds around you, then gently move your toes and your fingers. Take a deep breath and allow your chest cavity to expand and deeply cleanse letting go of any toxins.
9. Now gently open your eyes.
10. Take a gentle stretch.
So how did that feel? Did your mind race, were you able to get of sense of the inner calm?
Don’t worry and don’t expect too much, but with practice and time, you will be able to tune into your inner peace quickly.
DISCLAIMER *Only listen when it is safe to do so and never listen or engage in meditation if you are operating or using machinery. SKN-RG accepts no responsibility or liability.