RESPECT FOR YOU, RESPECT FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT
THIS CAPTURES THE VERY ESSENCE OF WHY WE BECAME A CERTIFIED BRAND
What does it mean to be Leaping Bunny Standard Cruelty-free?
We are so proud to be a Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free Brand. This means that every product is externally validated as being 100% cruelty and animal-free.
We can’t tell you how much this means to us to work with such a fantastic charity. Along our journey, we had discovered that animals such as monkeys are cruelly treated in the harvest of coconuts. This is one in many stories where animals are subjected to cruelty. The Monkey Statement is a document that ensures that Coconuts are harvested by people and no animal labour is used.
We became a cruelty-free brand to give confidence to you that we would tolerate any form of animal cruelty and ensure that our ingredients are harvested by humans who are paid fairly and that animals are treated kindly. It’s not just about making sure there are no animal ingredients inside. It’s also about the journey that the product has taken from start to finish. The logo signifies that no animal testing has been conducted at any stage of product formulation, production processes, raw ingredient sourcing or the product.
Our official Leaping Bunny Statement: “SKN-RG believes that beauty products should be cruelty-free. We are proud to be Leaping Bunny approved. A global programme, Leaping Bunny requires cruelty-free standards over and above legal requirements.
All of our own brand cosmetic and personal care products are approved under the Cruelty-Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the internationally recognised gold standard for cruelty-free products. We adhere to a fixed cut-off date policy and proactively monitor our suppliers to ensure that our products continue to adhere to the Leaping Bunny criteria. Our supplier monitoring system is also independently audited.
For more information about Cruelty-Free International, Leaping Bunny and Leaping Bunny criteria, please visit www.crueltyfreeinternational.org”
The Soil Association
We are proud to offer you an entire range of skincare that is 100% organic and vegan certified. In fact, this collection called Organics has won multiple awards including; Best Certified Soil Association Organic Range 2019 and Highly Commended 2020/21.
We believe it is simply not enough in this world to say a product is “organic, vegan or cruelty-free”. Technically there is no definition of Organic or Vegan. So why wouldn’t we want to give you, the consumer, complete transparency?
The word organic is a very tricky one; some may claim that “Organic” can be planted and grown in your back garden, some may say wildcrafting is a form of Organic, some would argue that true Organic is not possible in today’s world? But being organic isn’t just about where it is grown, it is how the product is produced, what goes into it and what its ongoing impact is.
What does it mean for SKN-RG to be Soil Association certified?
– No GMO’s (Genetically Modified Ingredients),
– Non-Toxic Chemistry, i.e. no Liquid Plastics, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a very harsh preservative that can cause dermatitis), DET’s, PEG’s,
– No PVC in our bottles or packaging, Liquid Plastics, Mineral Oils, Propylene Glycol, etc.,
– Sustainable produced and recyclable
– Non Organic ingredients, i.e. natural derivatives meet Soil Association standards
– Minimum 70% of the total ingredients must be from organic production.
– A product that only contains a few “key” organic ingredients for example “Organic Argan Oil or Contains Organic Coconut Oil” cannot be called organic unless it meets the minimum 70% amount of Organic ingredients.
To find out more about the top “No, No” ingredients take a look at our black list ingredients.
The Vegan Society
Awarded time and time again as “The” Top Vegan Performance Skincare Brand. But why is being a Vegan product so important? There are so many benefits to incorporating a Vegan lifestyle into your everyday routine. SKN-RG’s research identified early on that “animal by-products” are not as effectively absorbed by the skins system as our active plant botanicals.
Discover what it means to be approved under The Vegan Society
– Free from all animal ingredients and by-products inc; honey, beeswax and dairy
– Stands up for the rights of animals
– Many ingredients can be derived from animals or plants. The Vegan Society assures only plant-based animal-friendly ingredients are used however they do allow synthetics but SKN-RG is 100% plant-based and does not use any synthetics.
– Ingredients harvested by animals are checked to ensure high living standards.
The Vegan Society avoid exploiting animals for any purpose, with compassion being a key reason why many choose a Vegan lifestyle. SKN-RG choose to register some of our collections with the Vegan Society
Discover the complete range of SKN-RG Vegan Treatments