Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free
What does it mean to be Leaping Bunny Standard Cruelty-free?
All SKN-RG products are registered as being Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free. We cant tell you how much this means to us to work with such a wonderful charity. It’s not just about making sure there are no animal ingredients inside, it’s about the journey that the product has taken from start to finish. The logo signifies to you that no animal testing has been conducted at any stage of product formulation, production processes, raw ingredient sourcing or the product.
While some companies may claim they are cruelty-free, those claims may only refer to the finished product. The Leaping Bunny logo assures you that the product has not been tested on animals at any part of its creation or contains animal products in the raw ingredients through to the finished product by SKN-RG or any of its suppliers of raw materials.
“SKN-RG believes that beauty products should be cruelty-free. We are proud to be Leaping Bunny approved. A global programme, Leaping Bunny requires cruelty-free standards over and above legal requirements.
All of our own brand cosmetic and personal care products are approved under the Cruelty-Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the internationally recognised gold standard for cruelty-free products. We adhere to a fixed cut-off date policy and proactively monitor our suppliers to ensure that our products continue to adhere to the Leaping Bunny criteria. Our supplier monitoring system is also independently audited.
For more information about Cruelty-Free International, Leaping Bunny and Leaping Bunny criteria, please visit www.crueltyfreeinternational.org”
The Soil Association
SKN-RG is proud to be the winner in the Best Certified Soil Association Organic Range 2019 and Highly Commended 2020/21. We believe it is simply not enough in this world to say a product is “organic, vegan or cruelty-free”. Technically there is no definition of Organic or Vegan. So why wouldn’t we want to give you, the consumer, complete transparency?
The word organic is a very tricky one; some may claim that “Organic” can be planted and grown in your back garden, some may say wildcrafting is a form of Organic, some would argue that true Organic is not possible in today’s world? But being organic isn’t just about where it is grown, it is how the product is produced, what goes into it and what its ongoing impact is.
What does it mean for SKN-RG to be Soil Association certified?
– No GMO’s (Genetically Modified Ingredients),
– Non-Toxic Chemistry, i.e. no Liquid Plastics, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a very harsh preservative that can cause dermatitis), DET’s, PEG’s,
– No PVC in our bottles or packaging, Mineral Oils, Propylene Glycol, etc.,
– Sustainable produced and recyclable
– Non Organic ingredients, i.e. natural derivatives meet Soil Association standards
– Minimum 70% of the total ingredients must be from organic production.
– A product that only contains a few “key” organic ingredients for example “Organic Argan Oil or Contains Organic Coconut Oil” cannot be called organic unless it meets the minimum 70% amount of Organic ingredients.
To find out more about the top “No, No” ingredients take a look at our latest blog.
The Vegan Society
Awarded time and time again as “The” Top Vegan Performance Skincare Brand. But why is being a Vegan product so important? There are so many benefits to incorporating a Vegan lifestyle into your everyday routine. SKN-RG’s research identified early on that “animal by-products” are not as effectively absorbed by the skins system as our active plant botanicals.
Discover what it means to be approved under The Vegan Society
– Free from all animal ingredients and by-products inc; honey, beeswax and dairy
– Stands up for the rights of animals
– Many ingredients can be derived from animal or plant. The Vegan Society assures only plant-based animal-friendly ingredients are used.
– Ingredients harvested by animals are checked to ensure high living standards.
The Vegan Society avoid exploiting animals for any purpose, with compassion being a key reason why many choose a Vegan lifestyle. SKN-RG choose to register some of our collections with the Vegan Society
Discover the complete range of SKN-RG Vegan Treatments